1st- Hannah McCaw- Andrews Middle School
2nd- Cheyann Leak – Murphy Elementary
3rd- Eve Steele – Martins Creek
1st- Shelby Decker – Murphy Middle
2nd – Faith Ann Revis – Andrews Elementary
3rd – Reed Dockery – Murphy Elementary
5. Ranger News:
The deadline for application to the Governor’s Teacher Network (GTN) has been extended to April 30. The GTN will provide a statewide platform for teachers to share their best work around instruction and professional development. Through the GTN, approximately 450 teachers from across North Carolina will be selected to serve for one year as instructional and professional development experts and facilitators, potentially earning $10,000.00 each in stipends. To learn more, please visit:
As part of the PowerSchool 7.11 update that will take place this weekend, a new method for launching the Gradebook will be included. Please DO NOT use the new launch method for the Gradebook at this time.
On the PowerTeacher portal navigation menu, you will notice the New Gradebook Launch method. Previously, it was stated that users would have the ability to turn off this new PowerTeacher 2.8 feature. However, we have later learned that this option CANNOT be turned off. Therefore, if you launch the Gradebook, please DO NOT click the “Launch” button that appears on the screen as this requires the setup and use of the new launch method. Users should use the old “Launch” button in its place as identified by the red circle in the illustration below.
9. Parent and Student Portal Roll Out continues with several schools! Props to MHS, MMS, and AMS for braving uncharted territory and opening this great tool for students and teachers. You are paving the way for everyone else!
10. Business Partner and Volunteer Appreciation Banquet to be held May 22nd, 6:30 pm at the TCCC Enloe Building. If you have had success with a volunteer/business and want to make certain they are recognized please email your principal and cc Jeana Hardin. Central Office is collecting centerpieces and artwork to decorate the evening of the banquet. Feel free to have your students submit their creative efforts in honor of our volunteers.
11. A big THANK YOU from Mrs. Gibson and the Student Services Department for your participation and promotion of the H.A.V.E.N. Art contest promoting awareness and prevention of child abuse. Many great entries were submitted- if you happen to still have any entries in your office area please make sure they are at central office by earlyMonday morning. Winners announced next week!
12. PROPS to the MHS Shooting Team for a great television interview and coverage by WRCB Channel 3 out of Chattanooga as they bid for a state Title. Watch the news story at link provided below.
13. Cherokee County’s “WALK ME HOME” 5K Walk for Foster Care. Saturday, May 31st, 2014, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (Registration begins at 8:00 am) Flyer attached. Please feel free to forward or share. Click here to view flyer: 5K Walk for Foster Care
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.
1,824 total views, 5 views today