THIS WEEK’S SCOUT HEADLINES
Here’s what’s happening in the April 3 edition of the Cherokee Scout, your local newspaper since 1889:
• A gas leak forced Walmart staff and customers to be evacuated Thursday afternoon.
• Cherokee County commissioners rolled out the county’s comprehensive transportation plan Monday night.
• More than 2 million milligrams – or 5 pounds, or 20,158 pills – were collected during Operation Medicine Drop, and that may not be all.
• A proposed bill would end teacher tenure in North Carolina public schools.
• In Sports, the Murphy Cross-fit team has sweated its way into the national top 25.
• In Community, look for more fun photos from the annual Empty Bowls event.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.
1,030 total views, 5 views today