THIS WEEK’S SCOUT HEADLINES
Here’s what’s happening in the April 17 edition of the Cherokee Scout, your local newspaper since 1889:
• The Eastern Band of Cherokee Indians Tribal Council has approved building a casino behind Snap-on Tools just outside the Murphy town limits.
• It may seem like a tall tale, but trout fishing has a big impact on the local economy.
• Six local residents have been sentenced for illegal wildlife activities, including baiting bears with candy.
• In Sports, Mark Bolyard and David Badger push themselves to the limit in outdoors adventure races.
• In Community, Martins Creek School students are learning to make music in different ways.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.
979 total views, 5 views today