Here’s what’s happening in the May 22 edition of the Cherokee Scout, your local newspaper since 1889:
• Another $75,000 was raised during this year’s Relay for Life event, the last for Cherokee County’s longtime coordinator.
• Community residents helped find the man charged with felony hit-and-run and DUI in an accident involving the county manager’s father in law.
• A local teenager has been charged with the murder of Billy Ray Arp of Ranger.
• Murphy High celebrates its top three students for the 2012-13 school year.
• County commissioners are asking some tough decisions during budget hearings.
• In Sports, lack of hearing hasn’t stopped one local student-athlete from taking his baseball dreams to college.
• And look for a page of kids having fun during field day In Focus.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.
737 total views, 1 views today