We truly want to keep our Community Calendar as a free, public service for our friends and neighbors by accepting only announcements that are beneficial to our community. It is not intended for personal or business gain. If you have an announcement that would result in financial gain, please see our rules posted at the bottom of the page.
The calendar displays one week at a time (Sunday through Saturday.) Use the red arrows to advance 1 week at a time. You can also use the Day, Week, and Month options displayed at the bottom of the calendar.
WKRK announces Community Calendar items each day on the radio at approximately 12:50 pm for the upcoming few days. There is no charge for our Community Calendar. Please contact our business office at 828-837-4332 if you would like to purchase additional airtime.
There are a few items that we cannot accept for free promotion. If your announcement falls under one of these categories, please contact WKRK for advertising rates. We reach a vast audience and will be sure to help get your message out.
1) We cannot accept business promotion, marketing or the selling of any products or services on our Community Calendar. Advertising revenue is our sole source of income.
2) We can accept fundraising activities tied to a business or other organization only if 100% of the proceeds raised go to charity.
3) We can accept free announcements from non-profit organizations only if their board members, staff and volunteers all earn minimum wage or less for their services at the non-profit organization.
4) If you are buying advertising from another media outlet, such as newspaper, magazine, radio, billboard, TV, internet, etc., then please contact WKRK for advertising rates so that we may share your advertising budget.
5) We cannot accept any political messages (fundraisers, gatherings, issue-related messages, etc.) for free. These announcements must go through our business office at 427 Hill Street, Murphy, NC 28906. All political or issue-related paperwork must be signed and filed in accordance with FCC, Federal, State and Local election laws.
Click the “ADD EVENT” button below the announcements and fill out the form. Your listing will appear when approved by a WKRK staff member. Thanks for letting us know about your events.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.