(WLOS-TV) — A search warrant was released Monday in the case of the Tuscola High School student accused of threatening to wage a Columbine-style attack at the school.
Sixteen-year-old Jonathan Matthew Tingle – who the warrant refers to as Matthew Tingle – was arrested and charged with the felony crime of making a false report of mass violence last Thursday.
The warrant depicts Tingle as a troubled young man who had been disciplined by the school recently and was involved in four incidents in which law enforcement was called over the last six years.
The documents reveal that Tingle told at least four classmates – who then spoke to authorities – that he was planning a massacre inside the school last Friday to commemorate the anniversary of the killings at Columbine High on April 20, 1999. One classmate told officials that Tingle planned to target quote “rednecks and jocks”.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.
582 total views, 4 views today