CONTEST: Our State magazine invites N.C. residents to enter the North Carolina’s Creative Classroom Contest. Entrants will submit a classroom project idea to be completed by May 31, 2014 (during the 2013-2014 school year) and one project will be selected by the judges to receive up to $500 to bring the project to life. The contest is presented by Linville Caverns. Complete rules and entry instructions can be found at www.ourstate.com/classroom.
WHO CAN ENTER: This contest is open to legal residents of North Carolina who are 18 years of age and older, except the employees of the promoter (Mann Media / Our State magazine) and the sponsors (Linville Caverns) and members of their immediate families.
PROJECT REQUIREMENTS: In order to be considered, projects must meet the following requirements:
- Open to any classroom in any school setting (public, private, or homeschool) in North Carolina.
- Open to any K-12 grade level.
- Project should connect to classroom curriculum or be instruction-based (i.e., projects that are purely social in nature will not qualify).
- Entrant must outline the project and identify project-related expenses at time of entry.
- Cost of the project must not exceed $500.
- Entries not submitted directly by the classroom teacher must be submitted with his/her knowledge and permission.
- Classroom collaboration on a project is welcome, however only one entrant should submit the project on behalf of all involved classrooms.
HOW TO ENTER: Each project idea must be submitted electronically, using the official submission form online at www.ourstate.com/classroom. Entries may not be emailed directly, mailed to Our State, or submitted in any other format.
DEADLINES AND ENTRIES: Entries must be submitted by September 30, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. Our State reserves the right to contact the entrant for clarification on any project prior to or during review by the judges.
JUDGING: Projects will be judged by a panel of professional educators in North Carolina and the winning project will be selected at the sole discretion of that panel. Projects will be judged on these criteria: creativity (40%), educational value / tie to curriculum (30%), and feasibility of project (30%).
PRIZES: Once identified, the entrant for the winning project will receive up to $500 to complete his/her project. Winning classroom will not receive cash, but will work with Our State to secure any project purchases. Winning teacher agrees to document the project and share the results with Our State and the promotion sponsors as the project is completed.
About Our State
Since 1933, Our State magazine has been North Carolina’s premier travel, food, and culture publication, celebrating the best of life in the state. Published by Mann Media, Inc., the award-winning magazine reaches more than 850,000 readers each month, with subscribers in every state and nearly 30 foreign countries. Learn more at www.ourstate.com.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our WKRK Info page.
336 total views, 2 views today