The following press release has been issued by Chief Al Lovingood, Murphy Fire Department
At 3:07:22 pm on Wednesday, April 25, 2018, Murphy Fire Department, assisted by Peachtree Fire Department, was dispatched to 672 Valley River Avenue on report of a residential fire.
Upon arrival of the first engine at 3:11:54, firefighters found an approximate 1200 square foot single story house with smoke coming from the attic. Personnel forced entry into the structure and found heavy smoke conditions. Firefighters located and extinguished the fire in a utility room. No one was home at the time of the fire, which appeared to have started behind a clothes dryer. Fire damage was contained to the utility room but the entire structure sustained smoke damage.
Feel free to share any post from the WKRK website that you feel is beneficial to your community. We encourage input from local law enforcement, government officials, emergency management officials, schools and other public service organizations. To send us information, use the form on our Contact Us page.